Monday, August 14, 2006

Engagement Party

Saturday just past was Sharon and my engagement party. We had an absolutely fantastic time with pretty much everyone we invited turning up; including my old flat mate and two people from work - much appreciated as I know how hard it is to go to a party where you only know the host...
We also had dinner before hand and Jo and Brad got us a little cake with 'congratulations' written on it - thanks Jo! In fact it was also Jo who suggested that we play Guitar Hero - the guitar simulator that Sharon got me for my birthday. While I had hoped it might come out at some point, I didn't know how quickly it would make an appearance! It went down a treat, with a good 2/3rds of the guests giving it a go :)
The last train home came and went, and still half the people were there - a great sign in painful to navigate London. But a sign that we are all a little older and more mature - the cleaning up was almost effortless - organise the bottles together, wipe down a few surfaces and b-dang we were finished.
Anyway, a huge thanks to everyone who came, I had an awesome time, and I hope you did too. Hopefully this is an indication of how the wedding will go!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats mate! I got a call from Anika a few days ago.

Sorry I haven't kept in contact, but work has been HELL. (That explains why my plan to come over to visit didn't eventuate).

Now I gotta read through your blog to see what you've been up to.

Will talk soon, and hopefully visit too.

-Ash

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home