Thursday, July 27, 2006

Small piece of news about my life...

...and Sharon's
The other weekend (of the 14th) Sharon and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary of 'going out.' I took Sharon to Paris as a surprise (though she somehow managed to guess that...).
We had my usual experience in Paris (see previous posts) but at the end of the Saturday I took Sharon out for a good dinner, after which we headed up to Sacre Coeur. While looking out upon the city lights of Gay Pari, I proposed, slipping a substitute engagement ring on her finger.
(Sharon would like to add that it did take me _quite_ a while to perform the act, but I was nervous!)
Sharon said 'Yes'!
So we are madly trying to organise a 3 contintent wedding. If we can, then this is what we'll be doing.
England (Stratford Upon Avon?) 5th May
Canada (Vancouver) 12th May
Australia (Brisbane) 19th May
We'll be spending various amounts of time in various places so will hopefully catch up with everyone - sorry, no New Zealand in this trip :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS FROM JENN! (I know Anika has already passed on our congrats, but I thought I would send my own personal....wooohoooo!) I look forward to meeting you Sharon and to catching up with you again Tiest. I am soooo very happy about the Canadian part of your celebrations as it gives me a good excuse to finally get there...if that's okay with you guys?

4:30 AM  
Blogger M said...

would you believe that this is the first time I read this???? I had your other blog on the RSS, and forgot to check this one!! :-) now THAT'S lazy heh heh.

are these dates fixed? I'm going to do my best to be there.... but will have to miss Sarah's birthday!!! (intergalactic star wars day)

helloooo to you both. Hi Sharon. Anything Tiest says about me - no matter how bizzarre or improbable - is probably true :-(

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home